Sunday, February 26, 2012

hairclips...



Here's the lowdown on the hairclips. I've decided I'm a better crocheter and don't like fooling with hotglue. You have to work too fast and it's a little nervewrecking, it's my first time doing these. But, for my granddaughter, it's totally worth it. Although, I'm not going to make a habit out of doing these.

I bought big flowers and I'm going to make a headband one and the flowers on the flip flop thing this summer. I've heard sewing the flowers on the flipflops is better, by the way, esp if wearing on the sand, the glue gets hot and flowers can fall off. I'd do both, just in case. We'll see how that goes. How do I get myself into these things, I'd say too much internet surfing, that's it.

The top photo is just the ribbon cut and the little flowers I bought at Joannes. I just sat the flowers on the ribbons for the picture. They went on last, after the ribbon was hotglued to the hairclip. They do have tutorials online on how to do this, so I'm not going to step by step it, because I don't know if how I did it was the right way. It was kind of by guess and by golly. She's two years old, I don't know if they'd last long enough to worry about it. :D She likes to pull things off her hair and there it goes in the toybox, floor or stuffed somewhere.

PS Right click on the photo and open link in new window to see it larger.

No comments: