Sunday, September 20, 2009

Shaker Bread...




Today I made bread,again.For dinner I wanted breakfast,so I just thought,well why not.I made bacon,scrambled eggs and my Shaker bread with butter and honey.Oh,it was so good.Why doesn't my bread look as pretty as the ones in the book?They taste good,just don't look the same.I guess that's what matters.;)

I put a 7-up cake in the oven...





Seven Up Cake

INGREDIENTS
* 1 cup butter
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 2 cups white sugar
* 4 eggs
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon lemon extract
* 7 fluid ounces lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and lemon extracts. Beat in the flour alternately with the lemon-lime soda, mixing just until incorporated.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cake rack for 30 minutes before removing from the pan.

You can put on whatever frosting,some just sprinkle powdered sugar.I'll mix up a powdered sugar,vanilla flavoring and milk glaze on top. You could add a tad of lemon juice to that.


I just sprinkled powdered sugar with my Powdered Sugar Shaker.It just looked pretty and I wanted to see it. :)

No comments: