Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mount Vernon

We went to Mount Vernon Sunday and I can't tell you how awesome it was to walk up the stairs and hold the handrail that most of our founding fathers walked up.I stood there,looked down toward the front door and it was amazing to think how many of them walked through that door and stood where I was standing,touching that handrail as they walked up.It was all beautiful and the smell of the english boxwood bush is the colonial smell that always hits me when I go in these places.They sell small ones and ofcourse I had to have one.I have to replant it outside,but my whole room smells like that scent just from the one little one.It's the size of a house plant.Here is a virtual tour of inside the mansion: http://www.mountvernon.org/virtual/index.cfm/ss/2/

1 comment:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Mount Vernon is truly one of the most serene places I have ever visited! So glad that you were able to enjoy it and breathe in the sweetness that resides there!
Blondie