Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Granny Bobbles...



When I posted this Granny bobble blanket yesterday, I just fell in love with it. I definitely had to try it, I know, I know, I have other projects going. ;D Above is what I worked on last night and here's her pattern again and her granny bobble, so pretty...

http://colourinasimplelife.blogspot.com/2011/11/granny-bobble-blanket.html

I've done a couple of baby ripple bobbles, but because I love the bobbles I wanted to do this one. Can you imagine how heavy and warm it will be. Anyway, I'm using a Red Heart Really Red and Vanna's Choice Dusty Green. I can't seem to get the green right on the camera, it's prettier than what it's showing up here. Green and red are my two favorite colors together.

*UPDATE* Okay, here's the lowdown on the pattern after working on it more. I love it, but it seems the middle makes it not lay flat, somehow if the first row wasn't there, it would lay flat. I'm thinking about gathering the first row up and putting a rose over top of it, to mask the gather. The next one I make I'll go straight to putting the second row as the first row and see how that works. See below in this photo I've bunched up the first row and it lays good.


Update again... The bunching in the middle was making me crazy. I tried taking it all out, using a smaller hook for the first four rows, that didn't help. So now I'm doing ch 5 in between every bubble, seems the problem is the corners need to be in a better corner position, wanted to see if this gives more room to lay flat. So far it's working and I've worked 9 rows. Still the same pattern, just 5 chs between each bubble now and 5 chs in between the corner bubbles. I'm also using a one size smaller hook, instead of my favortite G hook, since the 5 ch is making the holes bigger. I use that hook for just about everything, it's in the background on my blog, it's so worn, I love it.

Here's the baby granny popcorn afghan I did with the bobbles,(they're actually popcorn stitches), but bobbles sounds cute...

http://soundinthemulberrytrees.blogspot.com/2011/06/popcorn-ripple-baby-blanket-size-47-x.html


I actually made a bigger one than this by just increasing the chain at the beginning, didn't get a photo, just was bigger, because I love working it.

No comments: