Milky Way Krispies
8 Reg. size Milky Way Bars
1 Cup Butter (2 sticks)
6 Cups Rice Krispie’s
1 12 oz. bag Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Butter (1 stick)
Melt 1 cup Butter and candy bars in pan, then stir in Rice Krispies
Pat down into a 9x13 pan…patted down
Melt chocolate chips and 1 stick butter, stir till melted
Immediately spread over bars. When cool,cut into squares, yum
I want to try these, but wanted to post them now. I think that sounds like a whole lot of butter, but we'll see when I do them and I'll post a pic.
My daughters love the classic Rice Krispies Treats, but here's recipe using Cocoa Krispies, instead of regular ones. Also you can make the chocolate chip frosting above with these.
COCOA KRISPIES TREATS
* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
* - OR -
* 4 cups miniature marshmallows
* 6 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
To experience the timeless flavor, make your Rice Krispies Treats® squares with the original Rice Krispies® brand cereal.
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. 2. Add KELLOGG'S COCOA KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.