Friday, October 5, 2012

My Autumn Afghan...



I started an autumn afghan, here's a photo. I've not written it down, so I'll just wing it and show you a close up and hope you understand what the heck I'm talking about in a pattern. :D 

Autumn Motif

Motif
 Ch 4 and join.
Row 1. Make 12 dcs in the chain.
Row 2. In between each of the 12 dcs make a leaf by joining 2 hdcs and a ch 1 between each leaf. So you'll have 12 leafs.
Row 3. In each of the ch 1 spaces crochet 4 dcs around. So you'll have 48 dcs all tog around.
Row 4. In between each of the set of 4 dcs, make a ch 4 loop around. So you'll have 12 chain loops around.  
Row 5. In 1st ch 4 loop of Row 4 do 2 hdcs, 1 dc, 1 trc, 1 dc, 2 hdc and this will be a corner. In next ch 4 loop of Row 4, 2 sc, ch 1, 2 sc. In next ch 4 loop of Row 4, 2 sc, ch 1, 2 sc. In next ch 4 loop of Row 4, for another corner, 2 hdc, 1 dc, 1 trc, 1 dc, 2 hdc. Cont this around for 4 corners with 2 loops of 2 sc, 1 ch, 2 sc, between the corners. 

Here's how I join the motifs after doing the 1st one...

I work the 1st corner of Row 5, then the two loops with the 2sc,ch 1, 2sc. For the next corner I'll do the 2 hdc, 1 dc and 1 trc, then slip stitch into the trc of previous motif corner, then cont on with the corner, in the next loop, I do my 2 sc, instead of the 1 ch, I slip stitch into the ch 1 of the previous motif worked, then the 2sc, etc. around. I like joining my motifs together, some people just sew them together afterwards.

So if I've totally confused you, here's the motif and you can look at it and do it your way. LOL The 1st row of the 12 dcs is too bright, but the joining of the motifs were more important, so that's what it shows better. I'd work on a better photo, but now I have to make a bajillion chocolate chip cookies for a birthday party tomorrow.  :) 
 






No comments: