Thursday, June 26, 2008

Baking Soda,Peroxide and Vinegar uses...

My kids would be stung by bees every so often and the best thing I ever used was a Baking Soda/Vinegar paste.First,make sure the stinger isn't still in,scrap it off with a credit card or fingernail.Add a little vinegar to the baking soda for a paste,mostly baking soda,spread it on sting and leave it till it's dry.You can reapply if it still is itching.Ofcourse if your kids are alergic to bees or having a bad alergic reaction call 911,like you didn't know that.Had to say that,don't want anyone saying the paste is a miracle cure all.EEK!But for normal stings,it's great.

I spread a baking soda paste of a little water and baking soda to pans,leave on for awhile and scrub.I do the same for my stainless steel sink.

Before washing clothes with bloodstain,I pour on peroxide and let set for awhile.

Put baking soda opened box in frig to soak up odors and for a cleaner smelling carpet,sprinkle baking soda,let sit and vaccuum.Do not let kids or animals get into the baking soda(another just for the record statement).I also clean my frig on the inside with baking soda and water,cleans great and is safe.

I pour baking soda down drain and garbage disposal if it starts to smell yucky and pour hot water down it after the soda sits in drain for awhile.

I scrub around the burners on the stove with baking soda.I used to use comet,but now baking soda.

I soak tarnished silverware with baking soda, in a pan with hot water and a piece of tin foil (the foil + soda react to pull tarnish off silver.

I put vinegar in coffeemaker,run it through to clean it,then run water through to get out the vinegar.

Do not mix vinegar and bleach,it puts off fumes,I hear.Do not use white vinegar on marble.

Vinegar water is a handy nontoxic solution to cleaning any glass. If your glass is a bit streaky, it's because of the products you've used before. Add a drop of dish soap to the vinegar mixture the first time; you shouldn't need to again.

Place a microwave-safe bowl with 2 cups water, 1/2 cup vinegar inside the microwave and microwave on full power for 3 and a half minutes.After mixture cools enough,pull out mixture and wipe microwave clean.

After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria and rinse peroxide off with water.

There are several credible references about the use of hydrogen peroxide on fruits or vegetables. Research published by the Journal of Food and Science in 2003 showed effective results of using hydrogen peroxide to decontaminate apples and melons that were infected with strains of E.coli.Rinse very well with water after,do not ingest peroxide ever,it can be fatal.

No comments: