Friday, December 12, 2014

Quiche and Gingersnaps

One of the best things my husband loves about turkey for Thanksgiving is quiche. This is from a 2011 post I made...


QUICHE:
Cook chicken or turkey in onion,1/2 tsp.thyme and rosemary, (I use Italian seasoning,usually use leftover meat and broth).Take 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken or turkey, and place in greased pan( I use my iron frying pan) pour 1/2 cup of the broth on top chicken.

Combine 1 cup flour, 3 beaten eggs,2 cups milk,1/4 cup of melted butter,dash salt.Beat till smooth,
stir in the 1 cup shredded cheese,pour mix over top chicken.Bake 1 hour.

P.S. I sometimes use cooked ground beef instead of chicken.


What I do with some of the Thanksgiving turkey is put some turkey in freezer bags. I just thaw out what I'm using in the microwave, for about 25 seconds or so, just till thawed. Put the turkey in bottom of my pan, mix up everything else and pour on top. You can add a can of turkey or chicken gravy, instead of the broth, or skip it. It's good both ways. I love McCormick Italian Seasonings, and I put about a tablespoon of it in the mix. Most people would need only a teaspoon. :)

So anyway I made him a quiche tonight and afterwards made some gingersnaps. What I love about this recipe is they're not hard. I put them in for only about 7 or 8 minutes. They make the house smell so good with all those spices.


Chewy Gingersnaps

Preheat the oven 375 degrees

3/4 cup butter
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla

Mix ingredients above

2 1/3 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/4 allspice
dash of salt

Mix flour ingredients and then mix together with the sugar mixture above. Roll in one inch balls, dip tops in sugar and bake on baking sheets 7 to 8 minutes. Remove with the tops just start to look cracked, don't overcook.


No comments: