Sunday, June 14, 2015

Summer mornings...

I love mornings and coffee. My daughter thinks I'm funny, because I put the coffee in a teapot to pour it in the cup sometimes.

So had a great week, my spin cycle wasn't spinning out the clothes, and my dryer was already taking longer to dry clothes and that meant sooner or later I'd have to get that, also. My husband came home and said he had a surprise for me, his boss had a washing machine and dryer that he said still works and we could have it. I was thinking, hey if it spins out clothes and doesn't take two cycles in the dryer, how awesome.

Well, I couldn't believe it, on one of the jobs they used to wash their own uniforms, but had started taking them to the dry cleaners. When he brought in the washing machine and dryer they were practically new Maytags for free. I know the Lord works in mysterious ways, but I'll tell you this was totally out of the blue.

The neighbor has a magnolia tree and I get so excited when it gets blossoms on it in the summer. She lets me take some, because I love the smell of it. I tuck it in here and there like I do my roses, and when you walk by it the scent is amazing. I've got to get a magnolia tree, her's started getting blossoms when it wasn't that big, and they're so beautiful, so Southern. We've already been bringing in honeysucle from outside, love it.

Isn't it funny how we decorate for the seasons and they go by so quickly you want to hold onto them as long as you can, esp Fall. Here it is July 4th right around the corner, and they'll be red,white and blue everywhere, flags flying, fireworks, we'll be doing burgers, hotdogs, dessert, lemonade and watching the fireworks going off over a baseball game down the road. We can see them in our backyard, don't have to get caught in any traffic,and if mosquitoes get too bad we can walk into the house. lol We used to buy fireworks at the stands when the kids were little, but goodness they've gotten so expensive.

Everyone that doesn't have a garden check out for local farm stands, or farmers markets in your area. It helps out local farms, and all the fresh fruit and vegetables are 100% better for you than what you get in the grocery store. I can't wait till next month, peaches and apples at the orchard.


No comments: