Friday, May 9, 2008

Recipe for birthday cake...

One package of devils food cake w/out pudding
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees,grease and flour sides and bottom of two round 9 in. pans. Beat cake mix,eggs,oil and water on low for one minute,then 1 to 2 minutes on medium,pour into pans,half mix in each.Bake 30 to 35 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.Cool in pan for 10 minutes,then take out of pans carefully to cool completely.My daughter and I did this with spatula and hands.I first had to go around sides with a knife and kind of lift up the cake to loosen from bottom before taking out of pans.

For the icing you can get 3 cans of frosting or I make my own:
Box and a half of powdered sugar,two sticks of softened butter,one teaspoon of vanilla and a little milk.I don't measure,I always use a little more powdered sugar and vanilla,not much milk just to make it a little thinner,beat till your own consistency.I hope I'm not confusing you with the icing,I've made it a million times and just make it up now without thinking.

Now here's the tricky part,you have to cut the cake lengthwise in half so you have four cakes now.You're suppose to frost the tops of each cake,I made a mistake and started frosting the first two tops and sides,between each layer.It was so late,had been shopping and getting ready for the party the night before so this was done in a major hurry. I crumbled kitkat candy bar pieces on top of icing and around the bottom of the cake.On the very top you sit hershey bar pieces around in a circle.

It was alot to do,but birthday cakes should be harder to make,they're a present also.It was sooo good,mm.

No comments: